Forum

Topic closed

Pages : 1 ... 22 23 24

#576 03/09/2018 at 03:26

Obsidian Guard
DiamondDust
Guard Patrol
DiamondDust

https://78.media.tumblr.com/1117330fd7dce8004a4e752db15bd1e7/tumblr_inline_p59v4c9qdH1vp04hn_540.jpg
“Dear guardians,

After the publication of the topics of Valentine’s Day and Spin-off, we noticed some excesses on the part of some players, using inappropriate words. Also, complaints of guardians were sent to us, since they dared not post on these two topics for fear of being reprimanded. Here is a wake-up call !

The forums are places of sharing, where everyone can express themselves freely, but you must not forget that respect is in order! The Eldarya team is first of all a team of people, sharing the same passion as you for the game. We understand and hear your complaints and requests, and respond as best we can. It is therefore useless to use derogatory terms with regard to us or towards players who don’t share your opinion.

Despite the rules of the forum, some of you have indulged in comments that have no place here. This message serves as a warning and should any such spill occur again, a stronger sanction policy would be applied. Our interest is to go in the direction of the community and to preserve a good understanding and a pleasant atmosphere for everyone on this platform.

Have a good day.

Eldarya’s team “

Dear beemoov...maybe if you didn't show your total contempt for every other server besides the fr one by actually posting notices like this server wide ppl might show you respect in return...just sayin

https://i.imgur.com/Z56g1QF.png
Tifa forever ❤️ Aerith never

#577 03/09/2018 at 11:47

Absynthe Guard
FengMi
Rookie
FengMi

DiamondDust wrote

https://78.media.tumblr.com/1117330fd7dce8004a4e752db15bd1e7/tumblr_inline_p59v4c9qdH1vp04hn_540.jpg
“Dear guardians,

After the publication of the topics of Valentine’s Day and Spin-off, we noticed some excesses on the part of some players, using inappropriate words. Also, complaints of guardians were sent to us, since they dared not post on these two topics for fear of being reprimanded. Here is a wake-up call !

The forums are places of sharing, where everyone can express themselves freely, but you must not forget that respect is in order! The Eldarya team is first of all a team of people, sharing the same passion as you for the game. We understand and hear your complaints and requests, and respond as best we can. It is therefore useless to use derogatory terms with regard to us or towards players who don’t share your opinion.

Despite the rules of the forum, some of you have indulged in comments that have no place here. This message serves as a warning and should any such spill occur again, a stronger sanction policy would be applied. Our interest is to go in the direction of the community and to preserve a good understanding and a pleasant atmosphere for everyone on this platform.

Have a good day.

Eldarya’s team “

Dear beemoov...maybe if you didn't show your total contempt for every other server besides the fr one by actually posting notices like this server wide ppl might show you respect in return...just sayin

I hardly doubt that would make a difference...members on any version of eldarya or even mycandylove are old enough to differentiate between moderate and excessive behaviour. If you actually need the eldarya admin team to remind you to behave and to not verbally abuse the staff, team, moderators or even each other, then the person to blame is yourself not the site -_-

Yes you may have had issues with the event, or even the episodes that have come out lately, but I am still constantly astounded with how little respect certain members can have in expressing their thoughts. I guess thats the magic of hiding behind a keyboard, you never think about the negative effect that your words actually have, just as long as you've expressed your anger and let off some steam, I guess its all good...

#578 03/09/2018 at 14:26

Vanquished a Chicken
Silmei

I hope that people would be thinking more about what to say and how to say and how it affects others. For example, I'm a little scared to write this post, because I'm afraid a verbal attack...

But anyway I'm still writing this post with my bad english. I wish this toxic atmosphere and bitterness would end. This continuous negation and anger make me feel very sad and tired. I wish that this forum would be a place where anyone from any countries, can meet other people and have fun without having to avoid certain discussions. And I know I'm not the only one who would like to read a more positive and constructive discussion here.

"Use soft words and hard arguments."

Last edited by Silmei (03/09/2018 at 14:35)

https://i.imgur.com/hIY3mKw.gif

#579 03/09/2018 at 14:38

Shadow Guard
Queen-Arianni
Guard Patrol
Arianni

https://i.imgur.com/PgynK2T.png

I am glad this event is over, mainly because I don't have to see the toxicity anymore. I am excited for the Spring Event, and I hope that Beemoov learns from their "mistakes" from making a buggy event.

I understand that people were frustrated by the event. I have friends who either had to have others play for them (edit: like their brother who does not play, for example) or just didn't finish the event. But I honestly feel bad for Beemoov with everything they had to go through.

To my understanding, the Eldarya Team at Beemoov is not very big. It's rather small compared to big professional game companies. I can't even begin to imagine the amount of emails they received in their support from players who had trouble with the event. They are still probably catching up.

Also, from what I have been told, the French server was the most toxic from the event than all others, including this one. So they probably posted that because of the severity of the situation the forum is in on the French site, but we possibly didn't get that bad. Therefore we didn't get that post. Nine times out of ten Beemoov will post the same thing on all servers, unless it pertains to one specific server.

For me, I still thouroughly enjoyed the event, and I look forward to more in the future.

Thank you, Beemoov, for all your hard work. Keep it up and I look forward to April (or so)!

Last edited by Arianni (03/09/2018 at 15:16)

#580 03/09/2018 at 15:12

Obsidian Guard
DiamondDust
Guard Patrol
DiamondDust

@fengmi I don't need them to but they also act like the fr server is the only one that counts while also expecting us to line their pockets...I just figure a bit of basic respect to players who don't check the fr server forums for info would be nice for a change...

actually I'm one of the few ppl who didn't have issues with the event and finished it but I can empathise with everyone else who didn't
Also beemoov got pretty reasonable crit over their work and their response is to throw a hissy fit...I mean that notice is like highschool drama 101 right there
And let's not even get on them changing their tos to avoid several things they've had issues with in the past like ppl asking for refunds for non credit of purchases...tos now says they don't have to pay them...ppl get bullied and tos now says IN CAPITAL LETTERS that it's not their problem so boohoo players...beemoov is failing hard across the board and them lecturing players for expecting quality content for the money they'are asking is so unbelievably childish I just can't with them!! I'm literally here for the clothes and even they're not having the pull they used to

I hope that Beemoov learns from their "mistakes"
it wasn't "mistakes" it was mistakes...they made mistakes...end of

I understand that people were frustrated by the event. I have friends who either had to have others play for them
this is actually against the rules under account sharing so you should have reported them

Also giving a smaller company a pass on quality control is wrong...smaller companies have a duty to put out better quality so they grow and improve...no quality means less ppl pay for content and they can't put out better content

As for the fr server they got 20pages of well written constructive crit ripped from the thread because beemoov didn't like it...the fr server is literally the only one they listen to and the reason why they were forced to hire beta readers after episode 13...the fr players are the only voices being heard for all of us and if beemoov actually listened and made changes that weren't gross and morally wrong they'd get more positive feedback!!

Negative crit IS NOT toxicity...it's an opinion that isn't the same as yours...don't shame ppl for not accepting below average quality just cause you did

Kthnxbye

Last edited by DiamondDust (03/09/2018 at 15:19)

https://i.imgur.com/Z56g1QF.png
Tifa forever ❤️ Aerith never

#581 03/09/2018 at 15:19

Absynthe Guard
Faybaby
Sidekick of the Sylphs
Faybaby

Well, this subject must be discussed but as @Arianni I'm also glad that this event is over because it created an atmoshpere through the whole community that was way too toxic.

But we cannot turn a blind eye on the obvious. The event was actually a mess that they should have polished before releasing it. So the frustration was kinda right from the community.
Trust me, I've seen worse especially cause Beemoov: Eldarya somehow can compete with Perfect World Entertainment: Forsaken World. There whenever came a new expansion they fixed the bugs by adding new ones to the game immediately.

However, the community forgot how critisism works. You have to build up your content, word your frustration without using harsh words and finally give a constructive idea how they could have improved their service. But most were complaints or destructive feedback so those must have meet their fate: removal.

Though I agree with @DiamondDust, they should have posted that notification through all of their sites in all languages. At least some players finally would understand how the forum works.

Hopefully they will improve later and learn from their mistakes.
Thanks for hearing me out.

Last edited by Faybaby (03/09/2018 at 15:20)

"Love can be easy unless you are wicked." - Faybaby, Mistress of Malice
Link to external image

#582 03/09/2018 at 15:26

Shadow Guard
Queen-Arianni
Guard Patrol
Arianni

https://i.imgur.com/PgynK2T.png

Faybaby wrote

...it created an atmoshpere through the whole community that was way too toxic.

Yes. The community not just from here, but from what I've seen on other sites as well. That's what I was referring to when I said I don't have to see toxicity anymore. On this site, the forums weren't as bad as others.

Faybaby wrote

The event was actually a mess that they should have polished before releasing it.

That I do agree with. I'm not saying that this event was perfect. There were definitely things that should have been improved upon, in my opinion.

Faybaby wrote

Hopefully they will improve later and learn from their mistakes.

We shall see... /static/img/forum/smilies/smile.png

#583 03/09/2018 at 20:30

The Answer to Everything
GiggledustJedi

Except bullying and critique are two completely different things. Assuming that Beemoov can be bullied implies some sort of powerlessness on their part which is completely absurd when compared to an ordinary player. Beemoov created a product for public consumption, it isn't rude to say that I believe that they're making very poor business decisions, nor for me to point out the flaws of the event. The awful customer service and rampant bugs should serve as a lesson for them to get it together before they do irreparable damage to their reputation and completely lose player trust.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/20/a9/b7/20a9b7cbce3457d5189fe975c3b85af2.jpg

#584 03/09/2018 at 21:05

Shadow Guard
Kore
Kore

While I am fine with their episodes (I REALLY don't mind most cliches and pretty much nothing offends me) I do agree they need to test their events more frequently, or at least release them first thing in the morning so that when the inevitable errors DO pop up, they can fix it before the close of business.

As for the bullying v. critique

On the FR server where the message was posted, I do sometimes see frustrated players gang up on players for defending beemoov like it's some sort of horrible social sin. People can like the game, just like people can loathe it. Players will give constructive criticism in their first post, but then a few posts later the call out all the players that DARED to like the episode/event/plot point.

I think that was what the post was about. Not too sure though. I can get it confirmed if anyone is interested.

I will say that my interpretation of the message was that it's okay to disagree with them, as long as it is done in a respectful way. Not too sure though as I'm looking at a google translated version and not a translation by a native speaker.

Also I have to respectfully disagree, you don't have to be powerless to be bullied. People can say/do harsh things to you no matter your lot in life.

Because the event in question is over, I'm going to go ahead and lock this topic now. Please feel free to PM me or FengMi if you have any questions or would like to continue the discussion~

Thank you!

Topic closed

Pages : 1 ... 22 23 24