Pages : 1 2 3 4

#51 02/08/2018 at 15:08

Shadow Guard
Queen-Arianni
Guard Patrol
Arianni

https://i.imgur.com/PgynK2T.png

I agree with @Eleanor.
I'm not a mod or anything, but I do suggest we move passed this.

#52 02/08/2018 at 15:14

Vanquished a Chicken
Zercey

@Fey
Let's be clear. This is not something that people should be enjoying. 14 is not the legal age of consent in a lot of countries - in the eyes of the law, he is a child.
This is a story where a child or person who is mentally vulnerable is being made into a object of desire. That is not okay.

It is not a story where he finds anything about himself, it is a story were every single adult around him violates his trust by giving unwarranted advances. That is not okay.

No one in the story, least of all Chrome, actually addressed the shallowness of our society. He was ogled and treated like meat and no one was called out on it. No one. That is a recipe for tacit compliance at best and approval at worst of these gross actions on a child.

You're absolutely right in that I will never stop pointing out how wrong the Episode was to be released. It has nothing to do with the players with how wrong it is. Anyone who thinks rationally will be able to see exactly what is wrong with the spin off, my note was specifically directed at Beemoov. I am right in my assertion that I will never condone nor will I ever support anyone who thinks that it is okay to use children and vulnerable adults in this manner. I will keep saying it irregardless of where it comes up. Beemoov is no exception to this clause.

It is not inappropriate to call people out on the objectification and hyper-sexualisation of children.

[https://i.imgur.com/OG4rUfd.png
Badge by @Vyxen

#53 02/08/2018 at 15:49

Absynthe Guard
Yerimoto
Unicorn Sidekick
Yerimoto

I don't know if I'll be spending 250 GC to play this because I don't like the outfit and I feel like I can just watch the episode on youtube since it's not part of the main story... However, I love the spin-off idea and would probably play some of the future ones.

https://photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/56/gd/44685.jpg

#54 02/08/2018 at 15:58

Young Recruit
Eleanor

Link to external image

@Yerimoto I'm not a huge fan of Chrome myself so I'm not too hyped up about this spin-off although I do have to say that the illustration is very cute! ^^ won't say anything about it LOL. If there any any future spin-offs with different characters I'll probably give it a try. /static/img/forum/smilies/smile.png
https://orig00.deviantart.net/5121/f/2016/270/8/8/_f2u__sakuma_rei_by_nemukuri-daj537q.pnghttps://orig00.deviantart.net/826c/f/2016/278/1/c/_f2u__kaoru_by_nemukuri-dak1r5q.png

#55 02/08/2018 at 17:17

Shadow Guard
TrafalgarNeo
Rookie
TrafalgarNeo

Honestly, I'm disappointed. I only have 41 GC. There's no way I can play. EVER.

Edit: Do with I could get the outfit. But it appeared some of the content of the episode is a big no no. I'd like to run through it myself.

Last edited by TrafalgarNeo (02/08/2018 at 19:59)

#56 02/08/2018 at 19:07

Obsidian Guard
Sweetpea25
Recruit
Sweetpea25

Thank you. <3

http://i65.tinypic.com/ziljmf.gif

#57 02/08/2018 at 21:46

Absynthe Guard
nekkoist
Young Recruit
nekkoist

AHHHHHHH OMG! Thank you so much! This looks super iteresting, looking forward to play this and hoping the event comes out very soon too (^ω^)

Last edited by nekkoist (02/08/2018 at 21:47)

https://static.tumblr.com/3625d0838c307721f89b7692a0375394/tmqcmwz/vtznyutxe/tumblr_static_ez0ni1pywpkcg8g4wc4s4wkw8.png

#58 02/08/2018 at 22:30

Shadow Guard
AceSpades
Unicorn Sidekick
AceSpades

The mini episode seems so awesome!

I wish I had gold coins to play it with, but if it stays forever then maybe one day I can play it

If you are wanting or willing to sell any of the Monthly Ranking Prizes message me. I would love to buy them from you!
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/67/98/3b/67983b6c3c82c07731a630205e63f163.gif

#59 02/08/2018 at 23:01

Shadow Guard
AkiraMakara
The Answer to Everything
AkiraMakara

Zercey wrote

@Fey
Let's be clear. This is not something that people should be enjoying. 14 is not the legal age of consent in a lot of countries - in the eyes of the law, he is a child.
This is a story where a child or person who is mentally vulnerable is being made into a object of desire. That is not okay.

It is not a story where he finds anything about himself, it is a story were every single adult around him violates his trust by giving unwarranted advances. That is not okay.

No one in the story, least of all Chrome, actually addressed the shallowness of our society. He was ogled and treated like meat and no one was called out on it. No one. That is a recipe for tacit compliance at best and approval at worst of these gross actions on a child.

You're absolutely right in that I will never stop pointing out how wrong the Episode was to be released. It has nothing to do with the players with how wrong it is. Anyone who thinks rationally will be able to see exactly what is wrong with the spin off, my note was specifically directed at Beemoov. I am right in my assertion that I will never condone nor will I ever support anyone who thinks that it is okay to use children and vulnerable adults in this manner. I will keep saying it irregardless of where it comes up. Beemoov is no exception to this clause.

It is not inappropriate to call people out on the objectification and hyper-sexualisation of children.

... It's okay if you don't like the episode, or how you interpret it. It's open to be read different ways by different people, but this is still a fantasy game, and doesn't always reflect real world values. These are fictional characters that don't exist. Chrome isn't a real child, and anyone with sense knows that you keep most fiction where it belongs, and you don't try to replicate it in real life. That being said, this episode won't hurt an actual child. This episode did not hurt an actual child .... I'm sorry that you wasted your money to play something that bothered you so deeply, but it will be fine. You don't have to play any future episodes. It'd be nice if you continued to be a positive contributor to the world of Eldarya, it is a nice little escape from real life. And with that, I really hope that you're able to enjoy the rest of your night. Sorry for the ramble.

Hi AkiraMakara,

Just letting you know that I have removed several lines of your comment. If you have any questions regarding this, please send me a message and I'll be more than happy to discuss this with you.

- Keliir.

Last edited by Keliir (02/09/2018 at 08:32)

☆My Profile Plays Music☆

https://media2.giphy.com/media/YztuZBREQW72U/giphy.gif

#60 02/08/2018 at 23:39

Absynthe Guard
Lindy
Recruit
Lindy

First of all, 250 GC is way too much. Secondly, the spin-off episode feels WAY TOO pedophilic. Isn't he just 14? Sure in a lot of places that's legal, but no, he's still a minor. Still a child... As an advocate for childhood sexual abuse and sexual abuse toward males, this is definitely setting off alarms. Objectifying and hyper-sexualizing a kid is not okay.

The creator of this episode and those who supported it should feel ashamed of themselves! If Chrome was a girl, this would never have been even an idea let alone an episode to play through.

AkiraMakara wrote

... It's okay if you don't like the episode, or how you interpret it. It's open to be read different ways by different people, but this is still a fantasy game, and doesn't always reflect real world values. These are fictional characters that don't exist. Chrome isn't a real child, and anyone with sense knows that you keep most fiction where it belongs, and you don't try to replicate it in real life. That being said, this episode won't hurt an actual child. This episode did not hurt an actual child. I'm sorry that you wasted your money to play something that bothered you so deeply, but it will be fine. You don't have to play any future episodes. It'd be nice if you continued to be a positive contributor to the world of Eldarya, it is a nice little escape from real life. And with that, I really hope that you're able to enjoy the rest of your night. Sorry for the ramble.

... I gotta say your comment is incredibly close-minded and contributes to over sexualizing kids. We all know that Chrome isn't real, but the fact that people think this is okay is the problem here. It's the same thing as if a television show contained this plot; they wouldn't get a lot of positive feedback because a lot of people can see that it is not okay.

Again, it is things like that that contribute to how our society sees young boys and girls as sexual beings. "No one got hurt," "you don't have to play any further," are two things that can be said about a lot of not-okay-things that I'm afraid I can't say on here without being reported or getting a warning from one of the admins.

People are getting upset over this because it's something that shouldn't happen. No 14 year old should be looked at in such a way, so we fight against that. It's the only way to get things done and you can take a look into our history to see that. Yes, this is just a silly little game that we don't have to partake in, but if we show how most of us aren't okay with children being sexualized on here hopefully it won't happen again.

Hey Lindy,

Firstly, your initial comment was deleted and merged with this one to rectify the double post.

Second, there are a few things in your reply as well as the quoted comment of which I have omitted or substituted. Should you have any questions regarding this, please feel free to message me privately.

- Keliir.

https://i.imgur.com/OG4rUfd.png

#61 02/09/2018 at 00:05

Shadow Guard
lovelyjuliexo
Guard in Training
lovelyjuliexo

Oh this looks so cool! I just hope it's not too expensive...

https://64.media.tumblr.com/ad52213ed8e465916c071e00bc76fcde/tumblr_nim0m3ZdYG1s6bxzqo2_500.gif

#62 02/09/2018 at 00:39

Obsidian Guard
BeckyLynn
Just Arrived
BeckyLynn

As someone who was hit on by older men as a teen, all I have to say to this is:

It's CREEPY!! It does not matter how old he looks, he is 14 years old. It's creepy, it's creepy, IT'S CREEPY!!!!!

This spin off brings up some negative emotions in both me and those in my life who have been there.

... This is just... in poor taste, that's all I can say.

Please do a spin off on ANYONE else in the future. Leiftan, Kero, Jamon, ANYONE BUT CHROME (or the ladies who are also young teens, please).

Hey BeckyLynn,

Just letting you know I have removed a part of your comment.
I am sorry to hear that this has brought back up some very upsetting memories for you. If you would like, please feel free to message me regarding any questions about this edit.

- Keliir.

https://i.imgur.com/OG4rUfd.png

#63 02/09/2018 at 02:41

Absynthe Guard
Yerimoto
Unicorn Sidekick
Yerimoto

I think that many aren't considering that the age of consent in most of Europe is 14-16. 18 is not the norm, just like 21 being the drinking age is not, in most places you don't even have to be 18 to drink beer. What makes you think that 14 or 15 couldn't be the age of consent in Eldarya? (And we are not even talking about Chrome being in a sexual relationship...)
Thinking that the site has to play by the rules of the US when it comes to what seems "normal" and "not creepy" is silly.

Also, I see lots of people say that Erika is in her 20's. She isn't, she's in high-school, you can read this in Terms of Service.

That being said, I know that I'd personally find Erika and Chrome being in a relationship creepy but I know that my opinion and feelings don't change the reality of this being legal. I can understand that lots of young teenagers play the game and imagine themselves as being the MC so it seems absolutely normal that many would like to date Chrome.

https://photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/56/gd/44685.jpg

#64 02/09/2018 at 03:05

Vanquished a Chicken
Zercey

@Yeri
Even when taking the consent age into account, there is very little denying that the mental age gaps are alarming in the special episode.

Chrome's body was aged but mentally he is still a child, a child that has seen and experienced a lot of traumatic things in his very young life. Chrome is the textbook definition of vulnerable.

Even if we somehow ignore the fact that Chrome is a child and assume he's now an adult, he still has the mind of a child, and that means he is not capable of fully understanding the extent of the situation he is in and what is actually happening to him.

What is more, there are actual scenes in this episode where he is clearly uncomfortable with the attention and not once does anyone tell anyone else to stop it. Elda is aware that it is Chrome and never does she attempt to let other people know - she is wilfully and knowingly endangering a child/vulnerable adult. That is not okay.

Studies have shown that what we see and play in games is more likely to be normalised. This is important to acknowledge: regardless of us realising it or not, these behaviours are wrong and never should be promoted because it normalises them. The normalisation of the sexual assault of children and vulnerable adults should never be allowed to happen. It is not okay.

I expect more out of society and the games that are produced by them than a slippery-slope to the lowest common denominator. I expect us to aim for better than the status quo.

And let's not get it twisted, let's be real here: children and vulnerable adults are exposed to all kinds of terrible things the time in the real world. Maybe if we spent a bit more time and effort teaching others that it isn't okay though media such as games, TV shows and movies, we would see that change.

Beemoov had the opportunity to make this a valuable learning experience, but they did not. All they have done is further promote - yes, promote - the desensitisation and dehumanisation of young people and vulnerable people. As I mentioned: studies have shown it to be fact.

That is not, nor should it ever be okay.

Hey Zercey,

Just letting you know I have edited your comment to omit some things that are not directly relating to the game (albeit did support your view on the matter). Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this edit, please let me know.

- Keliir.

Last edited by Keliir (02/09/2018 at 08:10)

[https://i.imgur.com/OG4rUfd.png
Badge by @Vyxen

#65 02/09/2018 at 06:36

Shadow Guard
Raine
Rookie
Raine

Enough ...... ! These are NOT real people and this is NOT the first time such a past has contributed to a character's development in a story before. You are accomplishing nothing, you are helping no one, and you are not making any kind of difference in the REAL world whatsoever. You are not a hero raising awareness to save anyone, you're getting upset about something that NEVER ACTUALLY HAPPENED. Nothing is going to change because of ... a rant in a fictional game forum ... Want to make a real difference? ... Get a job devoted to helping out people affected by experiences such as these. Regardless of what evils occur in the REAL world, a fictional game with fictional characters has no bearing on it here. No one is going to play this game and go, 'I'm gonna go make bad choices and ruin the rest of my life because I saw it in a game!' ... You make no difference whatsoever here ...

Hey Raine,

I had to edit your comment quite a bit and subtract a few things far from forum appropriate. If you have any concerns with me doing so, please feel free to send me a private message and we can discuss your comment and the reason for its editing in detail.

Don't worry. This edit is in no way just for you. I will be subsequently going back through this topic and removing any comment content that is not forum appropriate.

- Keliir.

Last edited by Keliir (02/09/2018 at 07:26)

For an awesome band and comic check out September Mourning! New graphic novel now available!

https://i.ibb.co/9WsjCmg/September-mourning.jpg

#66 02/09/2018 at 07:14

Absynthe Guard
Koizumi
Guard in Training
Koizumi

Seems cool, expensive but some people say it's worth it when I get some money I'll have to try it out.

https://data.whicdn.com/images/337008121/original.gif

#67 02/09/2018 at 07:39

Vanquished a Chicken
Silmei

I agree that this debate has to end now. If someone doesn’t like the spin-off story, that person can send a message to Beemov. Please do not attack against other players. To me Eldarya is a place where to relax and spend time with good companies. In the real world there is too much of fightings, I don’t want to see it here. So please respect other people opinions, even though opinions are different than yours. Keep the peace and harmony here.

https://i.imgur.com/hIY3mKw.gif

#68 02/09/2018 at 07:43

Light Guard
AraKa
Moderator & Champion of the Naaru
Keliir

Okay everyone,

I'm drawing the line.

It's okay to have different stances on the overall plot and the events that took place in this episode. You can voice your thoughts here and your opinions once completing the episode here, keeping in mind that topics set of rules.

You can present your opinions and other players, if they wish, may agree or disagree with them.

What is not okay is using an opposing opinion to berate or rebuke another, to target one or more players directly and, of course, belittle anothers concerns or point of view.

Yes, this is a game. Yes, it is expected that the audience will have very different takes on events and raise concerns pertaining to that point of view. As a company that continues to update episodes and create games with an already large fanbase, they were surely ready to receive different opinions on the content they release - how they respond to that is up to them.

But this hate that players seem to harbour towards others with conflicting perspectives (this isn't just in this thread, it's very discernible forum-wide). From here on out, I would like to ask that you present your opinions and, should you feel the need to discuss with somebody of an opposing perspective, do so.

But do so without aggression, without sarcasm and without deprecation.

If you feel like you cannot do that, do not reply to the poster of the opposing stance. It's simple.

From here on out, this topic will be watched carefully. All comments that have content that is not forum appropriate, hateful or aggressive will be edited. Posts that consist only of this will be deleted entirely. Whichever mod that edited your post will ensure that you know it was them.

If you have any questions about this or if your post was edited and you would like to know why, please message the moderator who had edited your comment. If it was removed entirely, please message me.

Thanks,

Keliir.

Ara Ka: Keeper of the Spirits
https://i.imgur.com/5FNR64w.png
made by Faye  
Read Desperate Measures and Enchanted in the Moonlight, a Leiftan x Guardian series I co-wrote with Jolteonrules

#69 02/09/2018 at 08:46

Absynthe Guard
Pinxu
Guard in Training
Pinxu

Wau, this is so cool news, thank you!
Now I should just continue with main story, that I can understand better this new spin-off /static/img/forum/smilies/wink.png

#70 02/09/2018 at 09:12

Shadow Guard
Aronis
Recruit
Aronis

(๑>ᴗ<๑)

https://media.giphy.com/media/fLtHSh1dVD2z6/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEjHMj0My3ET5XSW4/giphy.gif

#71 02/09/2018 at 10:32

Absynthe Guard
Nea
Rookie
Nea

After reading some of these comments, I'm not really sure if I even want to play that spin-off, like that child abuse thing, isn't really nice sounding.

I was Nea in Finlands eldarya! Hei kaikki rakkaat muuton jälkeen!! ^^

#72 02/09/2018 at 11:59

Obsidian Guard
Larjus
Moderoija
Larjus

Reading these comments makes me wonder if I played a different episode... o.o But oh well, nothing really bothered me in the episode. It was fun to play.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/685/31465552994_5cc23c60a2_o.png

#73 02/10/2018 at 07:59

Obsidian Guard
Zitroone
Just Arrived
Zitroone

Nea wrote

After reading some of these comments, I'm not really sure if I even want to play that spin-off, like that child abuse thing, isn't really nice sounding.

Just to clear some things there was NO direct/phisical child abuse in this Spin-Off even though some people may let it look like that/let it seem like that.

Some people interpret Erikas thoughts and actions in a way that they are not appropriate.

No phisical child abuse happens and I personally don't see any form of child abuse in this Spin-off. But that is just my opinion everyone interprets and thinks about this differntly.

_____

I liked this Spin-Off even though it costed 250GC (which is definitely a bit to expensive and around 150GC would have been enough /static/img/forum/smilies/smile.png )

English is my second language so if I write something wrong please correct me and excuse me /static/img/forum/smilies/smile.pngLink to external image

#74 02/12/2018 at 06:39

Obsidian Guard
Minah
Vanquished a Chicken
Minah

Just wanted to say that for the future, if they release spin-offs and the cost stays the same, I expect a certain quality for the cost:
-spelling
-grammar
-writing /story telling
-illustration
- less bugs/errors because of the release

A spin-off for only gold coins should at least try to live up to its cost.

#75 02/14/2018 at 00:37

Obsidian Guard
FaTime
Recruit
FaTime

So there wont be Valentines event? :'(

Link to external image
Signature made by Dearest @Alchemist
a complete wishlist will be added to my profile soon...

Topic closed

Pages : 1 2 3 4